The ThinkBalm Innovation Community is expanding to LinkedIn
Since its launch in August of 2008, the ThinkBalm Innovation Community has evolved into a mix between a social network, a collaborative laboratory, and a guild. The mission of this community, which currently has more than 280 members, is to propel work-related adoption of the Immersive Internet forward. With the ThinkBalm Innovation Community, ThinkBalm industry analysts Erica Driver and Sam Driver are fostering a productive, marketing-free zone where professionals can collaborate and communicate about the Immersive Internet, sharing experiences, collaborating on experiments, and identifying best practices that advance work-related adoption of immersive technologies.
Professional networking is a hugely important aspect of life in the community and lately we’ve fielded lots of requests to create a LinkedIn group for the community to make it easier for people to get and stay connected. The people have spoken, and a ThinkBalm Innovation Community LinkedIn group is now live. It is available from the groups search function at LinkedIn, and we’ll be sending out invitations to current ThinkBalm Innovation Community members. We encourage anyone with an interest in work-related use of immersive technology to request membership in the group.
Here are links to some ThinkBalm articles and reports that reflect ThinkBalm Innovation Community activity:
- ThinkBalm Data Garden is now live!, June 4, 2009
- ThinkBalm Innovation Community leaderboard is in 3D, June 1, 2009
- ThinkBalm publishes special issue of Storytelling Series for Virtual Journalism Summit, April 5, 2009
- ThinkBalm Storytelling Series Issue #3: How to Give New Users a Good First Experience, Feb. 24, 2009
- Meet the ThinkBalm Innovation Community Expert Panel, Feb. 20, 2009
- ThinkBalm Storytelling Series Issue #2: “End Death-by-Lecture: Tours, Not Speeches,” Jan. 14, 2009
- ThinkBalm Storytelling Series Issue #1: “Role-Play Redux: Convince the Curmudgeon,” Dec. 17, 2008